A couple of days after blaster boxes showed up at discount stores, 2012 Bowman Baseball is expected to roll into hobby shops across North America today. Topps is making a big sales push with the 13th edition of the modern era Bowman line. For the first time, Bowman Baseball will have a dedicated TV advertising campaign which debuted Tuesday night on MLB Network.
- Randomly inserted “Lucky Redemption Cards” that can be redeemed for autographed cards of today’s hottest young stars. There are 3 different Lucky Redemption Cards in all, each of which will entitle you to one autographed card of either Yoenis Cespedes or Bryce Harper. Card #3 has yet to be announced. There are only 100 of each Lucky Redemption Card.
- Harper will have an Autographed Prospect Card in retail and a Bowman Black Autograph in hobby boxes.
- All new autographed card insert. Topps is introducing Bowman Black, an “extremely exclusive set” of autographed cards featuring hot subjects including Harper, Gerrit Cole, Dante Bichette, Jr., and Anthony Rendon. These select subjects will be featured on an all-black card complete with an on-card auto in silver ink. Bowman Black will be a continuity program that will feature 25 new autographed subjects (sequentially numbered to 25) in every 2012 Bowman product.
- A 50-card Bowman’s Best insert. These will be available in Refractor (serial-numbered to 99 copies), X-Fractor (numbered to 25), and Atomic Refractor (one-of-one) flavors.
- Autographed Rookie Originals. Topps has bought ten Bowman cards of players who made their first Bowman appearance before the autographed prospect card era, had the players sign them and inserted them in 2012 Bowman. Like the Bowman Black cards, the Autographed Rookie Originals will be serial-numbered to 25 copies, and exclusive to Hobby packs.
- Autographed AFLAC All American cards randomly inserted into hobby boxes. Collect the very first autographed cards from 11 sequentially numbered subjects who are promising stars.
Here’s the subject list…
Sonny Gray 200
Andrew Susac 210
Jordan Swaggerty 210
Dillon Howard 225
Gerrit Cole 225
Stetson Allie 230
Mathew Purke 230
Dillon Maples 230
Austin Hedges 240
Jose Fernandez 240
Daniel Norris 240
- Collectors who send in 24 hobby or 7 HTA wrappers will receive a free five-card pack of exclusive Blue Wave Refractor Parallel cards. Bonus autographed cards featuring hot prospects such as Josh Bell, Dante Bichette, Jr., Gerrit Cole, Matt Purke and many more have been randomly inserted into these packs. There are only 10,000 of these exclusive packs so it’s probably a good idea to send them in early.
Click here to check out what’s currently available on eBay.