The third highest rated 1948 Leaf Football set on PSA’s Set Registry sold for $176,299 in Mile High Card Company’s August Premium Catalog Auction.
One of the best known sets of 1932 George C. Miller baseball cards realized nearly $49,000 in the auction, which closed last weekend.
A 1939 Baseball Hall of Fame First Day Cover with autographs of the first inductees including Babe Ruth, Walter Johnson and Ty Cobb sold for $36,734. The autographs had been obtained by mail after members of a Cleveland, OH stamp club wrote to the players, asking them to sign.
A high grade selection of rare 1973 Topps Test Comics sold for $37,183.
1986-87 Fleer wax boxes are red hot and the auction once again proved that with a high grade box selling for $22,654.
Other items sold included:
- T206 Eddie Plank graded Authentic $22,957
- 1953 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 8 $20,523
- 1966 Philadelphia Gum Jim Brown PSA 9 $12,731
- Unopened 3rd Series vending box of 1960 Topps baseball $11,404
- High grade early Roberto Clemente personalized signed baseball $11,546
- 1951 Parkhurst Gordie Howe rookie card PSA 8 $11,065