Vintage cards and high-end memorabilia share the stage with modern icons in Goldin’s newly launched Spring Elite Auction. The new auction features more than 2,300 premium items, including a Ty Cobb bat, a pair of early Michael Jordan dual autographed shoes, a PSA 7 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle and a 2003-04 Exquisite LeBron James rookie card graded 9 by BGS.
The James card and 1920s era photo-matched Cobb bat had already reached the half million dollar in the first 36 hours of bidding. One of two 2014 Panini Prizm World Cup Gold Prizm #12 Lionel Messi (#02/10) cards graded PSA 10, stood at over $300,000.
The twice signed Jordan shoes date to his rookie season. They were originally sold in a charity auction on September 9, 1985 and come with a letter of authenticity from Bulls Trainer Mark Pfeil, among other documentation.
“Our last auction received more than 75,000 total bids which is a record for Goldin and is indicative of the fact that the hobby is more popular than ever,” remarked Executive Chairman and Founder Ken Goldin. “The items included in our Spring Elite Auction are representative of multiple eras as well as multiple collectible categories.”
Other lots up for grabs include:
- 1952 Bowman #101 Mickey Mantle card graded PSA MINT 9 (LOT #3)
- 1951 Bowman #305 Willie Mays Rookie Card graded PSA NM-MT 8 (LOT #6)
- 1984-85 Michael Jordan Rookie Season Game Used Air Jordans (LOT #7).
- NHL ‘05-06 rookie class signed cards, featuring 90 BGS GEM MINT 9.5s (LOT #10)
- 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan Rookie Card graded PSA GEM MT 10 (LOT #11)
- 2001 Tiger Woods Signed Rookie card graded PSA GEM MT 10 (LOT #13)
- 2017 Marvel Precious Metal Doctor Octopus card graded PSA NM-MT 8 (LOT #51)
- 2015 unopened box of Marvel superhero cards (LOT #53)
- 2017 Marvel Precious Metal Spider-Man card graded PSA NM-MT 8 (LOT #55)
The auction is set to run through April 11.