No sports icon brings out the big bids like the Bambino. Babe Ruth memorabilia continues to grow in value each year and one-of-a-kind items with a true connection to the man who remains the most well-known player of all-time are the most sought after.
From jerseys to bats to caps to jewelry personally owned by Ruth to the skyrocketing baseball card issued by the Baltimore News in 1914, Babe-a-bilia has proven to be a very good, often wildly successful investment.
Courtesy of PriceRealized.com, here’s a look at the ten most valuable pieces of Babe Ruth memorabilia sold at public auction over the last several years.
2) Bat used by Ruth to hit the first home run in old Yankee Stadium in 1923, $1,265,000- December 2004, SCP Auctions
3) 1918 Boston Red Sox Contract – Ruth’s Own Copy and Earliest Existing Ruth Player Contract Known- $ $1,007,250 – July 2014, Goldin Auctions
4) Contract selling Babe Ruth from the Red Sox to the Yankees in 1919. $996,000, – June 10 2005, SCP Auctions/Sothebys
5) 1923 New York Yankees World Championship Watch Presented to Babe Ruth, $717,000 –February 2014, Heritage Auctions
6) Gold pocket watch presented to Ruth by Yankees during final Yankee Stadium appearance in 1948- $ $650,108, May 2014, SCP Auctions
7) 1927-28 Factory Vault Marked H&B Pro Model Game Bat (PSA/DNA GU 10), $591,007-May 2012, SCP Auctions
9) 1914 Baltimore News Pre-Rookie Card PSA 1, $450,300- May 2013, Robert Edward Auctions
10) 1927 Game-Used Bat, $388,375- August 2012, Heritage Auctions
To see Babe Ruth memorabilia on eBay, click here.