Panini is once again stocking participating card stores with Father’s Day packs and once again, my shop and my collectors could not be happier. This year we pushed ourselves and got our purchases of the company’s products up to $16,849 (which enables us to offer 2.83% of the 40,000 special Father’s Day packs created for this promotion) and starting at 10PM Thursday night (Midnight Eastern), we will be letting them fly.
That’s the earliest we can pass them out and our customers tell us they want to be first.
Yup, two hours after the end of our normal business day, I will be back in the shop to serve up some sweet cardboard to anyone who wants to take home some boxes. The deal is: buy a box (or boxes), get free packs.
I know there are more releases as part of this promotion, but if you happen to shop at Colorado’s Best Card Shop, grab some of these boxes and we will dish out the following packs with each box (hopefully your local store will do the same).
2014 PRESTIGE NFL – 4 Father’s Day packs
2014 LIMITED NFL – 5
2014 CERTIFIED NFL – 3
2014 ABSOLUTE NFL- 6
14/15 PARAMOUNT NBA – 15
14/15 DONRUSS NBA – 2
14/15 TOTALLY CERTIFIED NBA – 2
14/15 PRIZM NBA – 2
2015 DONRUSS MLB – 1
Panini has gone full force into loading up their bonus packs this year with possible relics from the NFL rookie photo shoot which will be the first relic cards of the 2015 draft class, NFL draft night hats, game-used footballs from the Patriots from 2014 (insert your own deflate gate jokes here), the first-ever challenge flag relic card, 1/1 MLB button cards (yes Kris Bryant made the cut) and the returning champion, Cracked Ice parallels /25.
Into autographed cards? Please enjoy this partial list of signers – JJ Watt, Russell Wilson, Stephen Curry, Miguel Cabrera, Odell Beckham Jr, Teddy Bridgewater, Andrew Luck, that Bryant guy, Richard Sherman, Andrew Wiggins, Jameis Winston, Joc Pederson (and others).
Care to check out the Panini Portraits and Elements insert sets, I say go for it.
Heck, even the base cards are worth a peek.
Check with your local card shops to see if they are participating with the promotion (here’s the 2015 Fathers Day participating shops list).
Looking at possible pulls and the lower prices on many of the boxes tied to the Father’s Day promo, I think it is worth your support. It is my hope to have handed out all of my bonus packs by Monday, but with well over 1,000 on hand, something tells me that will be easier said than done.
1) 2015 Topps Archives MLB – A stellar autograph checklist and the chance to snag some low-numbered autographs of my funny twin Will Farrell has had collectors running into my shop to load up on these boxes.
2) 2015 Topps Finest MLB – Even though it released the same week as Archives, the chance at snagging the short-printed rookie cards of Kris Bryant has pushed wholesale on these boxes about $20 above factory cost.
3) 2015 Panini Draft Picks Contenders NFL – Granted most shredders are still familiarizing themselves with this year’s rookies, these 5-6 autographed card boxes are causing me to restock on a regular basis.
4) 2015 Topps Tier One MLB – Coming in at just under $100 a box and offering the chance at signed and unsigned 1/1 bat barrel cards, we have similarly called up our distributors multiple times in order to keep these 3-4 hit per boxes in stock.
5) 2015 Bowman Regular and Jumbo MLB – Collectors are doing it all for the rookies, the rookies, the rookies. Well, their base cards and autographed copies that is.
If you are not doing anything else the next few days, I would suggest checking out the photos we will be posting on our Facebook and Twitter feeds about Panini Father’s Day. With four figures worth of packs to distribute, we should be seeing some goodies sooner than later.
Mike Fruitman owns Mike’s Stadium Sportscards in Aurora, CO. Normally, his column focuses on what products are selling best in hobby shops. He’s got thousands of cards for sale on COMC.com under the ID cardmn5150. Enjoy new arrivals and big hits from Mike’s on Twitter. Mike’s is always looking for more friends on Facebook and you can email him [email protected]