Bidding went on into the early morning hours of Saturday in Lelands summer auction with over $2.7 million in sales when everyone finally ran out of Red Bull and Vivarin.
Lelands offered up some vintage jerseys and equipment plus plenty of high quality vintage sports cards.
A game-worn Mel Ott jersey was the hottest ticket, selling for $203,506. Among the other highlights:
- New Jersey Devils Stanley Cup ring $32,664
- 1957 Stan Musial jersey $31,384
- 1958 Willie Mays jersey $25,272
- 1969 Don Drysdale jersey $17,261
- Circa 1954 Mays glove $18, 987
- Lot of 1287 Zeenuts cards $26,219
- 1933 American League All Star team auto. ball $17,261
- Last home plate from Polo Grounds $17,908
- 1935 National Chicle graded set $10,443
- 1971 Topps football vending box $81,40
For a complete list of prices realized including those from the first installment of the company’s San Francisco Examiner newspaper photo archive sale, click here.