The 2014 Bowman Chrome Mini Factory set will be out before the end of the calendar year according to Topps.
The pint-sized version of BoChro will feature some special inserts and parallels in each set, which will likely cost collectors a little over $200. This will be the second straight year Topps has produced a mini set for its Bowman Chrome Baseball line. Prices for last year’s sets have dropped and they are available on eBay for $100-$135.
New sensations Masahiro Tanaka, Jose Abreu, George Springer, Oscar Taveras, Gregory Polanco and Kris Bryant are among the attractions in 2014 Bowman Chrome.
New to the mini sets this year are photo variations. Topps says a “limited number” of players will have them. Also new is the guarantee of one SuperFractor parallel or Printing Plate in each eight box case.
Base card parallels will include:
• Indigo Refractor: sequentially #’d.
• Blue Refractor: sequentially #’d.
• Green Refractor: sequentially #’d.
• Yellow Refractor: sequentially #’d to 25.
• Orange Refractor: sequentially #’d to 10.
• Red Refractor: sequentially #’d to 5.
• SuperFractor: #’d 1/1.
• Printing Plates: #’d 1/1.
The scheduled release date for 2014 Bowman Chrome Mini Factory sets is December 31.