Imperial Sports Auctions launches its ‘Vintage Rarities II’ auction this Thursday, September 23rd featuring several one-of-a-kind Hall of Fame autographs, vintage cards, and other related sports memorabilia.
Dated 1957 in Cobb’s own hand, the piece also includes the postal receipt from the package in which it was shipped back to a collector. Starting bid is $5,000.
Mickey Mantle’s 458th home run ball is also on the block. Signed by the Yankee Hall of Famer, the ball represents the blast hit by Mantle on April 2, 1965 and includes a Mantle signature authenticated by both PSA/DNA and James Spence Authentication. Minimum bid is $2500.
Multiple Babe Ruth signed balls will be up for grabs, one of them a barnstorming ball also inked by Lou Gehrig and another that displays a bright white surface and clear Ruth signature. Both carry PSA/DNA authentication.
Other highlights include:
* Ed Walsh Autographed T205 Gold Border Tobacco Card PSA/DNA
* Christy Mathewson c.1913 World Tour Real Photo Postcard Newly Discovered 1/1
* Mel Ott Single-Signed Baseball
* NrMt Satchel Paige Single-Signed Baseball
* Collection of c.1916-1917 Signed photos w/Wagner, Cobb, Bender, and Jennings (show photo of Wagner and Cobb)
* Pristine Jackie Robinson Autographed ‘Wait Till Next Year Book’
* Mantle/Maris Dual Signed Ball
* Sam Crawford Signed Letter to a Fan
* c.1989 Rookie Year Ken Grifffey Jr. & Sr. Dual Signed Mariners Jersey
* Babe Ruth Single-Signed Baseballs
The 15-minute rule begins on closing day, October 14, at 9:00 PM CST. To learn more about Imperial Sports Auctions, register and bid, or inquire about future auction consignments, visit the company’s website or call 210.745.2925.