2011 Panini Threads Football hit shelves in August and collectors who like the inexpensive product were hoping this year's release would live up to the reputation it has built for itself over the past six seasons. 2011 Threads features a wide variety of memorabilia and autographed cards from the NFL's top veterans and rookies, including the always popular Autographed Rookie Class Nameplates and Pro Gridiron Kings insert cards. In addition to these familiar features, collectors can also expect a few new surprises in boxes of 2011 Panini Threads Football, including a Gold version of the of the Autographed Rookie Class Nameplates.
“Personally, I think there’s a lot to be excited about in 2011 Threads,” says Panini America NFL Brand Manager Carlos Torrez. “But the two things that come immediately to mind are the Rookie Class Gold autographed letters that we’re introducing for the first time and the Pro Gridiron Kings Framed and Autograph parallels. The Rookie Class Gold autos are a unique twist on an established concept and will be among the most sought after singles in 2011 Threads; the Pro Gridiron Kings, with their proud lineage dating back to the early 2000s, tend to speak for themselves.”
Each box of 2011 Panini Threads Football features four autographed or memorabilia cards (at least one of which is guaranteed to be an autograph), 24 rookie cards (one per pack), and another 13 inserts or parallels.
2011 Panini Threads Football will include:
• Autographed Rookie Class Nameplates ( /499 or less)
• Rookie Signature Combos, Triples and Quads ( /50 or less)
• Gridiron Kings Signature Materials ( /25 or less)
• Franchise Fabrics Signature Materials ( /10 or less)
• Each case will include six or more autographs from a list of the NFL's top rookies and stars including the likes of Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Jake Locker, Mark Ingram, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Ryan Williams, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, and Drew Brees.
“When collectors hear the term ’2011 Panini Threads Football,’ I want them to continue thinking that this product is as much a part of getting them ready for the NFL season as training camp,” Torrez said. "It comes out right before the season and, like its name suggests, is loaded with NFL threads in the form of captivating game-worn memorabilia from veteran NFL stars and a healthy dose of event-worn memorabilia from the top 2011 rookies who attended the 2011 NFL PLAYERS Rookie Premiere.”