Panini has released its 2013-14 Titanium Hockey product through the company's online store. Priced at $109, each box contains five packs with four cards per pack. Each pack has either a memorabilia or autograph card inside. The company was also offering cases online. Titanium won't be available inside U.S. sports card shops, though. Only Canadian stores are carrying the product, which went live at midnight.
Titanium was released exclusively to Canadian Panini Roundtable stores through Panini’s exclusive Canadian distributor, Universal Distribution.
“As we looked at our 2013-14 NHL product schedule, we wanted to find a meaningful way to reward Canadian Panini Roundtable stores for their commitment and support of Panini NHL trading card products," said D.J. Kazmierczak, Panini America’s Vice President of Sales. "We felt this was a clear way to do something special and create a unique point-of-differentiation for Canadian hobby shops and collectors."
The product includes a mix of rookies, veterans and retired stars.
Among the highlights:
- Each rookie card will be serial numbered to the player's jersey number
- Dual and triple autograph cards from the dual rookie class
- Hobby exclusive parallels feature a veteran card serial numbered to the player's jersey number and draft position
- Game Gear, Four Star Memorabilia, Six Star Memorabilia, Milestone Goal Die Cuts and Metallie Marks Autographs
- Social Signatures, featuring autographs and Twitter user names of players
The official release date may have been Friday but dozens of cards were online as of late Thursday. Click here to see what's been pulled.