Thank goodness they didn't cut it up. Panini America takes redemption cards to a different level today when 2010-11 Dominion Hockey is released across North America. Inside one box is a redemption card good for a unique prize. Not another 1/1 autograph. It's a miniature Stanley Cup originally presented to a member of the 1978-79 Montreal Canadiens.
Panini America officials purchased the unique trophy at auction earlier this year for more than $4,000 and decided to make it the grand prize in its new product.
The trophy stands 13 inches tall and the company says it is currently "locked safely inside the Panini America vault awaiting notification from the winning collector".
Dominion is a super high end product, selling for $350 per box. There's one pack per box consisting of eight cards and at least three of the promised six hits will be autographs according to the company.
Also offered will be:
- Kindest Cuts 1/1 cut signatures honoring the greatest hockey legends of all time
- The hockey debut of Pen Pals autographs featuring signatures of two, three or four hockey greats on one card, with Duals numbered to 50, Triples numbered to 25 and Quads numbered to 5
- Peerless Patches Dual and Quad booklet cards featuring the choicest pieces of memorabilia from hockey’s greatest stars of yesterday and today
- Engravatures cards embedded with pieces of real silver that are engraved with the names of former Stanley Cup winner – just like on the real thing — limited to just 10 copies
- The return of Nifty 50, one of the hobby’s most famous insert names, complete with hard autographs of hockey’s fabled single-season 50-goal scorers
- Brass Bonanza on-card autographs that pay tribute to the legends of the Hartford Whalers, all numbered to 50 or less
- The unique Tape to Tape insert featuring autographs from stars on actual tape sliced from their game-used hockey stick