The NBA season tipped off Tuesday night with the debut LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade as members of the Miami Heat. The Boston Celtics weren't impressed. The game set the stage for a much-anticipated NBA season. Now, the league is letting fans and collectors get a little closer by holding an auction for the opening night jerseys for the starting five members of all 30 teams. However, to celebrate the Los Angeles Lakers' 16th NBA championship, the league will auction every jersey from the team's opening night roster.
It's the first time the NBA has offered so many opening night jerseys. It will also mark the first time that NBA Revolution 30 jerseys, introduced across the League this season and featuring adidas' newest technology, will be available for auction on NBA.com.
Auctions will begin for the first three games played last night and will run through Tuesday, Nov. 16. The league will auction the remaining teams' jerseys on a rolling basis throughout the season.
After the games are played, the jerseys will be authenticated and securely stored until they are delivered to the winners.
To place a bid, fans can log on to auction.nba.com. Here's last night's opening night lineup list:
Miami Heat (black road jerseys): Joel Anthony, Carlos Arroyo, Chris Bosh, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade.
· Boston Celtics (white home jerseys): Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Shaquille O'Neal, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo.
· Phoenix Suns (purple road jerseys): Grant Hill, Robin Lopez, Steve Nash, Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu.
· Portland Trail Blazers (white home jerseys): LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum, Marcus Camby, Andre Miller, Brandon Roy.
· Houston Rockets (red road jerseys): Shane Battier, Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Yao Ming, Luis Scola.
· Los Angeles Lakers (gold home jerseys): Ron Artest, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Shannon Brown, Kobe Bryant, Derrick Caracter, Devin Ebanks (dressed but did not play), Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom (1st Half), Lamar Odom (2nd Half), Theo Ratliff, Sasha Vujacic (dressed but did not play), Andrew Bynum (game-issued), Luke Walton (game-issued).
More game-worn jerseys