Among the featured items in Lelands.com current auction, which closes December 16 is an extremely rare jersey worn by baseball Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew, Derek Jeter’s ball from his 3000th hit at bat, a 1971 Pele Brazil Game Worn Jersey, and championship rings from Jim Katcavage and Darvin Ham.
The 100% original, 1959 Washington Senators jersey (Reserve: $10,000) is one of only three known to still exist, and the only one of the three to be photo-matched. Bidding is at $16,500 with ten days remaining in the auction.
“This is a rare treasure--one of the greatest jerseys from one of the greatest home run hitters of all time,” says company rep Mike Heffner. “We absolutely classify it as the finest of the three Harmon Killebrew Washington Senators jerseys known to exist.”
On July 9, 2011, All-Star shortstop Derek Jeter became just the second player in major league history to homer for his 3,000th career hit. This ball (Reserve: $10,000) is one of only four from that historic at bat specially marked “J1” by MLB.
A 2004 Darvin Ham Detroit Pistons (Reserve: $5,000) and 1956 Jim Katcavage New Your Giants (Reserve: $10,000) are just two of several championship rings offered in Lelands.com current auction.
Other notable sports highlights in the auction include:
- 1986 Barry Bonds Pittsburgh Pirates Game-Worn Rookie Jersey- Worn For His First Major League Home Run
- 19th Century Lyon Mountain Baseball Club Uniform Breastplate
- 1940s Mel Ott Game-Used Bat
- 1914 Detroit Tigers Panoramic Photograph featuring Ty Cobb-twice
When this photo was taken, players had to stand still for several seconds, allowing time for some tomfoolery. Cobb was at one end of the picture when the photo was snapped and sprinted to the other end before the exposure was completed. Thus, he is in the photo twice.
- Three Tickets to Christy Mathewson's Final Major League Game/Win
We have never seen even one of these before: four of these tickets known to exist and the other resides with the consignor in his personal collection.
- Gil Hodges' 1956 Tour of Japan Robe
Includes an enclosed photo of Hodges wearing the robe and an LOA from Hodges' wife, Joan.
- Late 1930s Charlie Gehringer Game-Used Bat
- Late 1930s Mickey Cochrane Game-Used Bat
- Lou Gehrig Last Game Program
A lesser known fact is that Gehrig participated in an exhibition game pitting the New York Yankees against their top farm club, the old Kansas City Blues more than a month after his career “ended” on May 2, 1939. This program is from that very last game, on June 11, 1939.
- Babe Ruth Single Signed Baseball
- 1931 Lou Gehrig Single Signed Home Run #224 Baseball
- 1933 Babe Ruth and Duke Kahanamoku Signed Photograph
- Urban Shocker Single Signed Baseball
- Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris Signed Baseball
- 1998 Darryl Strawberry New York Yankees World Series Trophy
- 1975 Thurman Munson Endorsed New York Yankees Payroll Check
- 1939 Lou Gehrig Day Signed Photograph
An original print from 1939, this is believed to be the first and only signed version of the famous photograph in existence. Gehrig’s signatures following his diagnosis of ALS in 1939 up to the time of his passing are very, very rare. d.
- Thirty Sets of 1980-81 Topps Basketball Cards in Uncut Sheet Form (60 sheets)
- 1950-51 Toleteros Joshua Gibson PSA 7 NM
The only Gibson card ever manufactured, this is one of the most sought-after baseball cards, coming from the latter days of his career when the Negro Leagues superstar suited up in Puerto Rico.
- Keith Hernandez 1986 New York Mets World Series Trophy
- 1974-75 Golden State Warriors Phil Smith Game-Used Uniform
- 2010 LeBron James Signed Game-Worn Sneakers (UDA)
- 1969-72 ABA Basketball with Original Box
- Cassius Clay Fight-Worn Amateur Shoes
- 1986 Mike Tyson Fight-Worn Trunks (vs. Lorenzo Boyd)
The black satin trunks come with a LOA from Tyson's assistant manager at the time of the fight, Steve Lott and a video showing Tyson in the ring wearing the trunks.
- 1986 Mike Tyson Fight-Worn Gloves (vs. Jose Ribalta)
- Jack Dempsey Training Gloves for Georges Carpentier Fight
- 1986 Mike Tyson Fight-Worn Shoes
- Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier I On-Site Fight Poster
- 1968 Rocky Marciano Signed Letter
- 1940s Larry Craig Green Bay Packers Game-Worn Jersey
- Mid-1980s Walter Payton Game Used Jersey & Cleats
Also included in the auction is The Tommy Wittenberg Collection, which includes 47 items/lots of Game-Worn Caps including these notable offerings
- Collection of St. Louis Browns Game-Worn Caps (8)
- 1938 Charles Gehringer Detroit Tigers Game-Worn Cap
- Dizzy Dean's Last St. Louis Cardinals Game Worn Cap
- Circa 1923 Oscar Roettger New York Yankees Game Worn Cap
1934 Tour of Japan Team-Signed Diary
The wife of 11-year veteran infielder Harold "Rabbit" Warstler kept a detailed diary from before, during and after an American baseball tour of Japan, giving insight into the personal lives of the likes of Babe Ruth, Moe Berg, Jimmie Foxx and Lou Gehrig. In the middle of the book are signatures of 39 notables from the tour.
Interested bidders must register for the auction by Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 8:00 PM EST, by filling out an online Registration form or calling 631-244-0077 during normal business hours. The auction will close to initial bidders at 9 PM EST on the closing day, December 16. The auction continues until bidding has ceased for at least 10 minutes. Items are shipped to auction winners immediately after funds have cleared.
Founded more than twenty-four years ago, Lelands.com is one of the nation’s oldest and most respected auction houses specializing in vintage sports and pop culture memorabilia, collectibles, cards and photos. For more information, visit Lelands.com at http://www.Lelands.com.