They don’t create quite the stir they did a couple of years ago, but video trading cards are apparently here to stay. In its sneak peek at 2012 Panini Totally Certified football, the Dallas-based card maker revealed Monday that HRX video cards will be randomly inserted. Video cards debuted in last year’s Certified basketball and football card products. This year’s cards will be numbered to 10 with 14K parallels (1/1).
Certified isn’t due out until February but Panini says there will be six packs per box with at least two autographs per box. One will be an on card signed Freshman Fabric featuring one of dozens of 2012 NFL rookie autographs. Panini promises at least one more auto and four autos or memorabilia cards.
Freshman Phenom autographs will be numbered to 299 with 35 others signed on card and numbered to only 199.
Several other insert sets featuring more signed cards and relics will be numbered anywhere from 50 to 199 including:
- Certified Future: Featuring a jersey swatch with an on-card autograph and sequentially numbered to 175. Look for Prime jersey versions limited to just 49.
- Freshman Fabric Platinum Red Signatures: Large Jersey swatch and on-card autographs sequentially numbered from 199 to as low as 1.
- Certified Future Signature Materials: On-card autographs sequentially numbered to 175 or less.
- Stitches in Time: Featuring Single, Dual, Triple and Quad memorabilia versions with sequential numbering to 199 or less.
- Team Panini Signature Materials: Autograph memorabilia cards sequentially numbered to 50 or less.
With the winter release of last year’s Certified product, many listings on eBay are titled “2012″ but are actually part of the 2011 schedule of releases.