A baseball signed by Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig sometime between 1926 and 1933 sold for $22,325 in Huggins & Scott's latest auction catalog. Carrying a grade of 6, the final bid on the ball was $19,000. The buyer's premium drove the realized price to the reported level.
There were several other signed items in the sale, including some Babe Ruth autographed baseballs.
A single-signed 1924 Ruth ball, carrying a Spence LOA brought $8225 while a 2008 Upper Deck 1-1 Goudey Cut Ruth autograph cut insert card, sold for $5501.
A Ty Cobb signed baseball offered in the same auction and carrying a grade of 6.5 from PSA/DNA, drew strong attention before closing with a realized price of $18,800.
Collectors of vintage unopened packs and boxes drove bidding for a complete 1971 Topps baseball cello box carrying 11 packs to a price of $11,163.
Other top sales included:
- 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 3 $8225
- Autographed 1953 Bowman Mantle $5875
- T206 Tris Speaker Broad Leaf back (only one graded) PSA 4 $4700
- 1961 AFL game program lot of 50 $4406
- 1964 Roger Maris game-used bat PSA/DNA 8.5 $4112