The actual locker used by Mario Lemieux for his street clothes (nameplate is autographed), team benches, box office windows and arena signage are among the special Civic Arena items up for public auction.
It's the latest in a series of sales and auctions involving the memorabilia pulled from the former home of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
AssetNation, Inc. of Seven Fields, Pa. is conducting the online auction, which can be found at www.iglooseats.com.
The first auction consisted of 504 items and generated about $100,000 in bids.
There are two auctions now underway and running concurrently. The first will close January 31 and the second auction will close on February 1.
With over 550 items between the two auctions, Penguins fans and Pittsburgh enthusiasts have the opportunity to bid on a wide variety of memorabilia from the 50 year old arena, which closed last summer.
An overview of the more popular items up for auction include:
- Sections of Pittsburgh Penguins equipment lockers
- Individual Pittsburgh Penguins street lockers with autographed nameplates
- Sections of dasherboard and glass
- Seat backs signed by current and former Penguins stars
- Flooring sections from the Penguins locker room and flooring with the NHL insignia
Items purchased will be available for pick up at Civic Arena February 8 – 10 and each item is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.