A run of 39 full graded tickets from Super Bowl games set a new record.
Walk around the LA Coliseum after Super Bowl I and you probably saw more than a few lying unceremoniously on the concrete. Nearly 40 years later, the Super Bowl ticket is a prized collector's item.
An unusually nice group of 39 full, graded tickets from previous games sold for over $74,000 in Grey Flannel Auctions December sale. Tack on a 17 1/2% buyer's premium and the final tally exceeded $87,000.
That wasn't the big ticket item, however. The Heisman Trophy awarded to USC running back Charles White in 1979 garnered it's reserve price of $250,000 ($293,750 with BP).
Several jerseys drew a lot of attention including a late 1950s Y.A. Tittle game-used shirt, signed by the former Giants and 49ers quarterback, went for over $30,000.
- Mid-1950s Ted Williams home jersey $19,526
- 1954 Leo Durocher road jersey $21,748
- 1970s Joe Namath NY Jets jersey $19,550
- Late 1960s Gale Sayers jersey $18,439
- 1952 Topps baseball set (VG average) $18,365