California’s Major League Baseball teams are combining forces to raise money for victims of the wildfires that took place last month. The big memorabilia and experience auction is up and running.
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Los Angeles Dodgers, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres and San Francisco Giants have joined together to raise funds for the Southern California fire victims through the offering of unique team memorabilia and experiences.
Through Sunday, November 25, fans may bid on many limited and one-of-a-kind items at MLB Auctions. Among the items available:
- Leather bound photo album with 8×10 autographed Padres photos
- Dodgers St. Patrick’s Day jersey
- Don Newcombe Autographed Baseball
- Vladimir Guerrero Autographed Jersey
- Jake Peavy Autographed 2007 All-Star Game Clubhouse Chair
- Game-used 2007 All-Star Game Base
- Autographed Russell Martin baseball
There is also a 2007 Giants team autographed bat, ball and jersey signed by the entire team except for Barry Bonds (go figure!).
The teams are also auctioning several ‘meet and greet’ experiences with players and coaches.
Net proceeds will be distributed evenly between the San Diego Foundation – After-the-Fires Fund providing immediate and long-term assistance to individuals and communities in San Diego County affected by the fires, and the California Community Foundation’s Southern California Wildfire Relief Fund to benefit Southern Californians who have suffered losses from the 2007 wildfires.