Suddenly, it’s raining memorabilia from former sports greats. Dr. J., Ozzie Smith, Kirk Gibson, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, John Havlicek, Sam Jones and now you can add one of baseball’s best players from the 1970s and 80s to the list of former stars who are liquidating their valuable collections of memorabilia. The Steve Garvey Collection will be among the highlights in SCP Auctions’ April catalog event.
Garvey, who spent his entire career in southern California with the Dodgers and then the Padres and won an MVP and a World Series in L.A., has consigned dozens of items including nine of his ten National League All-Star rings, his 1981 Dodgers World Series ring and the ’74 NL MVP trophy.
Other items set to join the Havlicek collection and Reggie Jackson’s 1977 Game 6 World Series jersey in the company’s latest landmark auction include these items consigned by the 64-year-old Garvey:
- 1977 Los Angeles Dodgers National League Championship Ring
- 1978 Los Angeles Dodgers National League Championship Ring
- 1981 World Series player trophy
- 1974 National League Gold Glove Award
- Historic 1984 NLCS Game 4 Walk Off Home Run Bat Inscribed By Garvey (Voted Greatest Moment In San Diego Sports History)
- 1974 Major League Baseball All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Trophy
- 1982 Signed Last Los Angeles Dodgers Game Worn Warm-Up Jacket
[phpbay]Steve Garvey, “”,”", “”[/phpbay]