We’re still about six weeks away from seeing the first series, but we’ve got a preview on what collectors can expect in 2014 Topps Series Two Baseball. Topps has released its plans for the second part of its annual flagship trilogy, including a preliminary checklist.
Due out the week of June 11, Series Two will offer 10 cards per pack and 36 packs per box. There will be one autograph or relic card per hobby box. If you want a guaranteed auto, you’ll have to buy the jumbo box which contains one signed card and two relics.
The base set will tack another 330 cards onto Series One. Here’s an overview with a 2014 Topps Series Two checklist at the bottom.
• Trajectory Autographs (40) Autographed cards talking about the player’s progression from his rookie season to now. Trajectory Autographs Gold Parallel Numbered to 10.
• The Future Is Now Autographs (30) Numbered to 25.
• Saber Stars Autographs (10) Numbered to 50.
• 1989 Topps Minis Autographs (10) On-card! Numbered to 10.
• Trajectory Relics (40) Relic cards talking about the player’s progression from his rookie season to now. Various quantities. Trajectory Relic Gold Parallel Numbered to 99.
• The Future Is Now Relics (30) Numbered to 99.
• Saber Stars Relics (10) Numbered to 99.
• Future Stars That Never Were Relics (25) Numbered to 25. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
• 1989 Topps Minis Relics (15) Numbered to 25.
• Own the Name Relics Over 500 cards featuring the letters from game-worn jerseys. All cards are numbered 1/1. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
PARALLEL VERSIONS of all 330 base cards in the following varieties:
• Green Camo Parallel sequentially numbered to 99.
• Black Parallel sequentially numbered to 63. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY .
• Pink Parallel sequentially numbered to 50.
• Platinum Parallel numbered 1/1.
• Red Hot Foil Parallel inserted 1:6 packs.
• Clear Parallel Sequentially numbered to 10. HOBBY ONLY – NOT available IN JUMBO PACKS
• Base Card Printing Plates Numbered 1/1. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
• Silk Collection Partial parallel – 100 subjects. Sequentially numbered to 50. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
1 per Hobby case; 1 per Hobby Jumbo box
• Class Rings Silver (25) Featuring more of the greatest players of all time, with an embedded commemorative ring top celebrating the year of each player’s rookie class. Class Rings Gold (25) Featuring a gold ring. Sequentially numbered to 99. Class Rings Gold Gems (25) Featuring a gold ring with replica gems embedded in the ring. Sequentially numbered to 25.
• Class Rings Gold Gems Autographs (10) The same cards as above, with an autograph. Sequentially numbered to 10.
1989 Topps Minis Die-Cut Relic Card
• The Future Is Now (30) Cards featuring some of the top young players in MLB ® and their best moments so far. Inserted 1:4.
• Future Stars That Never Were Gold Parallel (30) Premium cards featuring some of the best of all time and what their Topps Future Stars cards may have looked like. Inserted 1:18. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
Future Stars That Never Were Gold Parallel (15) Numbered to 99. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
• 1989 Topps Minis Die Cut (50) Mini cards using the 1989 Topps design and die-cut around the perimeter. Inserted 1:8.
• Buyback Redemptions 50 of the most popular cards in Topps history will be bought back and available for redemption.
• Strata Signature Relics (25) More stunning shadowbox cards featuring stars, active and retired. On-card! Numbered to 25.
• Strata Cut Signatures (30) Numbered 1/1.
AUTOGRAPHED RELIC CARDS HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
• The Future Is Now Autographed Relics (30) Numbered to 10.
• Saber Stars Autographed Relics (10) Numbered to 25.
• Future Stars That Never Were Autographed Relics (10) Numbered to 5.
• Framed Jackie Robinson Reprint Cards Framed similarly to the Museum Collection Autograph cards, Jackie Robinson’s Topps cards will be reprinted and framed in the following colors:
Silver Framed Numbered to 99.
Gold Framed Numbered to 25.
• Framed Topps Gold Label Cards Based on the 2000 Topps Gold Label design and framed in gold, these cards will feature current and retired stars on a nostalgic design. Numbered to 25.
Every Hobby case is guaranteed a Commemorative Relic or a Jumbo Relic (Trajectory Jumbo Relics and Own the Name Relics). Every Jumbo box is guaranteed a Commemorative Relic or a Jumbo Relic.