The football edition of the always-popular Panini National Treasures product will be coming out in late March, and Panini claims this set is as loaded as it's ever been with memorabilia, autograph and serial numbered cards.
Each 2013 National Treasures box will consist of eight cards: two base cards, rookies or legends numbered to 99 or less, three autographs numbered to 99 or less and three memorabilia cards numbered to 99 or less. Panini says this product will also have an "unrivaled" selection of on-card autographs, rare memorabilia, memorabilia booklets and Hall of Fame cut autographs.
In addition, the card manufacturer says they will pay tribute to the Seattle Seahawks Legion of Boom, Richard Sherman and their entire 12th man. Panini is the first card company to sign Sherman to an autograph agreement. They also have acquired the jersey Sherman wore in Week 15 against the Giants and have sliced it up for memorabilia cards that should be popular with Seahawk fans. Speaking of the '12th man', according to Panini, there will be a "12th man memorabilia insert" that includes the number 12 patches that were stitched into the inside back collars of all Seahawk jerseys. Part of Sherman's jersey will also be on a quad memorabilia card featuring Earl Thomas, Brandon Browner and Kam Chancellor.
National Treasures' trademark Rookie Signature Materials RCs will once again be in the product. These feature on-card autographs and large memorabilia pieces from players who attended the 2013 NFLPA Rookie Premiere. There are several versions of each: Silver (numbered to 99), Gold (numbered to 49), Black (numbered to 25), Platinum (numbered to 5) and Nike Swoosh (numbered to 2). There are also three versions numbered to 1: Laundry Tag, NFL Shield and Printing Plate.
Here are some additional highlights from this year's Panini National Treasures:
- NFL Patches game-worn memorabilia cards featuring Captain, 50th Anniversary Hall of Fame, Pro Bowl, Brand Logo and NFL Shield.
- On-card rookie signatures, including Jumbo Prime Booklets, Hats Off, NFL Gear and Colossal Jersey Numbers.
- Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Materials and Signature Materials cards honoring the greatest football legends of all time.
- On-card veteran signatures in the Jumbo Prime Booklets, Notable Nicknames and Colossal Jersey Numbers inserts.
- Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Souvenir Cuts feature 29 inductees from the first four Hall of Fame Classes.
Panini America's 2013 National Treasures Football will be released in late March. Pricing information has not been released yet.