Collectors now have some firm information to go on when peeling open packs and looking for 2011 Topps Heritage short prints and variations.
Thursday, the company released information on the quirks inside the popular annual baseball card product. Not all of it will be news to those who have delved into cases or traded information online, but once again, base cards #426-500 are indeed short-printed and Topps says they are found in an average of one in every three packs.
Topps does offer SPs as well as autograph cards and other inserts in its hobby boxes as well as its Heritage blaster boxes available at retailers.
- Replicating the original 1962 Topps , there are short printed GREEN TINT variations. Subjects include cards 110-158 and 160-196.
- There is also a BLUE TINT variation (found at Wal-Mart) and a RED TINT variation (found at Target) featuring the same subjects. These are also short printed.
- Collectors can also find GREEN REFRACTOR parallels (100 subjects) that are only found in Green Refractor Hot Boxes. These Hot Boxes are 1 per hobby case.
- At at retail outlets, collectors can find a special 100-card BLACK BORDERED parallel. They are exclusive to the $8.99 3-pack blister.
* Alex Rodriguez (Photo Reversed w/ bat in left hand
* David Wright (Cincinnati Reds)
* Joba Chamberlain (Card # 139)
* Bengie Molina (Wrong birthday)
* Ryan Zimmerman (Wrong batting average)
* Vlad Guerrero (Listed as Pitcher on card back)
- Exclusive to hobby boxes, there is a special 10-card JACKIE ROBINSON STORY variation that has the look and feel of the Babe Ruth Story insert. In addition, there is a relic version of each card numbered to 42.
2011 Topps Heritage short prints and variations appeal primarily to master set collectors and some do sell for a significant premium on eBay. You can see what's available here.